Welcome to Laser Last Week where we explore some of the new information being published around the web dealing with laser engraving and assorted services. The focus is on the unique and remarkable, not the mass produced commodity. This week there were 8 links that were interesting enough to make the list. If you have found any that I have missed, please let me know in the comments. Enjoy.
Laser Last Week Links
- 4-28-12 – Laser Etching : Full Back Synthetic Leather Applique/Etch in less than 4000 stitch left chest logo – YouTube – Great video of a design being laser engraved on some microfiber cloth.
- 4-28-12 – Information Security conference badges…cause aluminum beats paper every time! – MakeItUrz – Laser engraved conference badges. They look great. Just what your next conference needs
- 4-26-12 – LIL KIKR iPhone dock has both looks and functionality – TUAW – Very creative iPhone dock that you can personalize with laser engraving. Interesting idea.
- 4-26-12 – Attrition.org Lazlo lapel pins – MakeItUrz – Great lapel pin created to support Attrition.org, a computer security website. Made with black acrylic, it looks great.
- 4-25-12 – Baby Products Company Introduces Laser-Etching Technology for Personalized Pacifiers – SBWire – Very interesting idea for baby pacifiers from RaZbaby that close when dropped to stay clean. On top of that, you can personalize them with a little laser engraving, leaving a mark that won’t fade in any way. Great idea
- 4-25-12 – Laser Engraving Stencils – YouTube – Nice video explaining the ins and outs of designing stencils to be laser cut, including what to look for in fonts. Great info if you ever considered designing your own stencils.
- 4-24-12 – School Spotlight: Program gets students excited about engineering, real-world tech skills – Wisconsin State Journal – Great article about three schools with programs to introduce students to engineering and practical application of technology. What better way to improve the economy and the lives of the students.
I hope you learned something about laser engraving today and how it can be used. What was your favorite link? Leave a comment and let me know.